Montreal, January 21, 2018
4700 Keele Street
Canada M3J 1P3
Dear Madam and Mr. of design department,
My name is Jeanne Garneau-Lévesque, and I am writing, because I want to apply for the master graduate design program at your university. I am a third-year student, currently in the process of obtaining my bachelor’s degree in Design at Concordia University and I have been graduated at Cégep du Vieux-Montréal in Graphic design program.
As a third-year undergraduate student, I choose to apply in the master design graduate program, because your program has piqued my interest in which it is possible to make a personal design research project. This can be an opportunity to use my skills learned from my bachelor’s degree and some new skills that I will learn in your University as well. My ability experience concerning the design field and work experience area are listed below:
- Book making and bending;
- Printmaking: (Silkscreen, lithography, digital printing and cyanotype printing);
- Hand made illustrations, digital illustrations and vector illustrations;
- Knowledge in several software: (Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Atom, After effect, Indesign, Acrobat Pro and Clip Paint studio);
- Experience at working for seven years as a teacher at the Ateliers C for the manga courses and comic book courses;
- Gave several conferences and workshops in the libraries in the Quebec Province about manga and comic book;
If you wish to have more information about my qualifications, you can consult portfolio attached with my application documents and also on my online website:
Please accept, Madam and Mr. of the design department, the assurance of my distinguished feelings.